Friday, April 1, 2011

April Goals (No Fools Here!)

I like to lay out goals that I have, it helps me put things in perspective and stay on track with things. Now that the scale is moving again, it would be SO amazing to be at my initial goal weight of 140 by time summer starts (so 2 1/2 months from now). That puts me at around a pound a week. So, here's what I'm hoping for this month!

1. Lose an average of a pound a week. So I'm starting the month right below 150, I want to be 146 at the end of the month.
2. Keep my net calories around 1000 or more. No slipping back into old habits of not eating enough.
3. Progress with my running so I can run the full 5K distance without stopping, doesn't matter too much the speed but ideally under 40 minutes. Right now I can do about 2 miles and then I need a walking break. Hopefully with my inhaler, it's just a matter of getting my lungs used to the longer distances. My 5K is May 1st!
4. Workout 4 weeksdays and at least one weekend day. And if I don't get a dedicated workout on that weekend day, I have to at least be active.that day (walking around DC or something).
5. Minimize excessive drinking of beer and eating of bad food. If I'm gonna drink beer, I need to eat a healthy dinner with it. No more drinking 2 beers AND eating an entire mini pizza (yes that happened a few weeks ago... haha).

There, I've written it all down. Now you can all hold me to it :) And hopefully my body isn't playing tricks and it is actually out of the plateau! 

No comments:

Post a Comment