Thursday, June 24, 2010

My First Major Goal Is SOOO Close!

I really want to be 170 by the 4th of July. It's kind of fitting, the US celebrates it independence from Britain (I love my friends over the pond equally, don't worry!) and I'm going to celebrate my independence from being obese.
170 is the magic number for being an overweight BMI and it would be soooo nice to just be past it. I'm starting to feel like a skinny girl, despite how much more I have to go. Normal size clothing fits, I've got a hot hourglass shaped body that I've uncovered, I could spend all day at the pool in a swimsuit and not think about if people are staring at me.
It's such a complete turn around from last summer in California. I was around my heaviest weight and it was holding me back. I wasn't as social, I didn't have the guts to talk to new people because I was scared what they would think of me. Now that I'm at my new job, I don't mind at all. I work with an office that is 90% male (maybe more) and I'm noticing the double takes and head turns. I don't want to sound superficial, but it's new to me and I like it... haha. It helps that I always dress to impress now.
Technically I have a week and 2 days for the scale to go down 4 pounds. I've been stuck at 174.2 since Saturday and the way I lose weight, a big pound or two drop is coming in the next day or two. Not sure if it's me or my scale, but that's my usual pattern. It'll be close but I might be able to do it. If not, I'll be there in a week or so. 
I haven't picked a reward yet, I'm already spending 4th of July weekend in the Poconos (in PA) with my entire extended family. That's a bit of a reward (or punishment depending on how my family behaves... haha). I already spoil myself on a regular basis with mani/pedi's, haircuts, clothes... haha. Not sure what is special enough for this occasion. Suggestions welcome :) Maybe my own fireworks show?

No comments:

Post a Comment