Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Think I Need A Chill Pill

So after all my freaking out and convincing myself the scale was broken, I realized that my body is more unpredictable than I give it credit for. I'm now pretty sure that the scale has been mostly right all along (aside from one day where it really didn't cooperate) and that it was just water weight bouncing me between what I really weigh and 2 pounds above.
This morning, I caved and got on the scale. I know, I wasn't supposed to, but I felt good about it. And sure enough, 175.6! A solid pound and a half less than yesterday and more in line with when I was getting 176.4 and 176.2 for most of last week. I tend to get realllllly neurotic about things, and what I weigh is one of them for sure. So I'm gonna focus on the long term, stop freaking out on what the scale says on a daily basis instead of weekly, and relax. 
I'm going to the gym today to do interval running again. It's been a week since I did it last time and I feel good going into it. I didn't get much of a workout yesterday because of the dentist and the Victoria Secret sale after work... altho spending 1 1/2 hours in VS is totally a mini-workout! I'm gonna have a light snack before I head to the gym and we'll see how it goes this time :)
And finally, I'm 5 1/2 pounds away from my first major goal of 30 pounds lost! I want to get there by 4th of July, and that's only 2 1/2 weeks away. I think I can do it, I'm just gonna focus on what I'm eating and exercise every day. I cannot wait to see the 160's. I don't EVER remember getting on a scale and seeing 16X. I was probably a freshman or maybe sophomore in high school the last time I was that small. And... it'll take me from obese to overweight! That will be awesome too! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment