Friday, June 11, 2010

Bikini Babe and Runner: My New Personalities?

So two major accomplishments this week!
#1 - I RAN! I managed 30 minutes of running intervals as per the C25K program (60 sec run and 90 sec walk). I didn't have too much trouble with running the minute at a time until the very end, so yay me for getting in shape with DVDs and the elliptical first... hehe. I didn't really notice the other people at the gym once I got going, and they were doing their own thing. I was just being self conscious. And I was able to run at 5.0 without feeling like it was too fast. Maybe I'll try 4.5 or 4.7 and see if it's a more comfortable pace. At this point, I really want to go for time rather than speed. I'm planning to do it every Tues. and Thurs. when I go to the gym. My goal for the end of the summer is to be able to run a mile without stopping to walk. I think 2 months is a reasonable time frame with running twice a week. And I'll still be doing my 30 Day Shred and anything else I come up with to exercise.
#2 - I BOUGHT A BIKINI TOP! I've never owned one in my life, and never EVER thought of wearing one, even in high school when I weighed less (still was around 170-180 and a size 14 tho). Now that I'm seeing how narrow my waist has gotten (I can tell it's not going to get much narrower, not much fat left on the side), I'm starting to see the possibilities. So I was in Target in the sale section and an XL bikini top caught my eye. I was there for a new swim suit bottom, so I grabbed the top too, just to see them together. 
 I was absolutely shocked when I put it on and didn't hate myself! It didn't look spectacular, since my stomach still isn't sufficiently flat, but if I sucked in to see what it would be like in 10 or 15 pounds, I could see myself wearing it in publc. So, for $10 and some serious motivation, I bought it. And I got better fitting bottoms for my tankinis, the size 16 ones I had were major saggy butt. They'll be my spare pair... 
I'm hoping by August I can wear the bikini top, at least to lay out in the sun at the apartment's pool. The fact that I own one still amazes me. I now officially have a goal piece of clothing. And by the end of the summer, I WILL look decent in it. I'm not hoping for a miracle, but just enough that I feel confident.  These two accomplishments are definitely linked, running is a good way to lose weight, so it'll help me get in the bikini faster :D

No comments:

Post a Comment