Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's All A Balancing Act

I've realized that I've been living in a bit of a weight loss bubble since I started in February. I just moved to a new state for a new job and I didn't know a lot of people in the area. I live alone and out of my parents' house so I have complete control over everything.  Without all the temptations I've been completely focused for the past 5 months and it's worked great for me.
But that's not complete reality. Now my best friend is home in Virginia for the summer and we're hanging out pretty much every weekend, going out to drink, etc, out to dinner, etc. It's a lot more like what I was used to doing before I started losing weight. But I'm not about to stop what I'm doing because of it. It's just another thing I have to get used to. 
I've been doing well so far. I still probably drank too much, but I've been really careful with what I'm eating. And even when I do drink, it's always diet mixers and I don't need as many drinks now that I weight 50 pounds less than college. Who knew I'd be a lightweight???
Working in exercise has been a bit more difficult. I only worked out 3 times last week, between a baseball game, a hair cut appt, and spending the weekend with my friends. I literally spend 2 hours in my apartment between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon. I did work out before going out for Japanese food last night. I had PLENTY of calories for it and I didn't go too crazy. Except for the tempura... mmm
So now that I've been tested with having to deal with a real social life again, I know I can handle it. I lost 0.8 pounds this week. It's not the 1.5 lbs or more I've lost recently, but it's a negative number and I'm happy with it. The next month is going to be really busy for me. I'm probably going to PA/NJ this weekend, NJ weekends of August 20th, possibly Arizona for Labor Day, maybe Boston thrown in there... and maybe a business trip eventually to San Diego?? It's kind of insane... I need to pick where I'm going first. And then make an effort to keep up with everything while there. I'll just suggest lots of siteseeing or something when visiting friends. It's at least an excuse to go walking. I can tell my way of thinking has changed, so situations like this don't scare me or get me off track. It's taken 6 months, and I'm happy I didn't have to deal with it until now, but I feel ready. And the next month is going to be a lot of fun too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment