Thursday, July 22, 2010

The 160s Club

I've officially been a member of the 160's club for almost a week now. I saw the scale drop to 169.4 lbs last Friday and it's down to 168.8 lbs as of today. I honestly don't remember EVER seeing a 160's number on the scale before. And according to my mom, I now weigh what I did when I started high school. I was 14 and not even full height yet!!! I was also wearing a size 14 and now I'm a 12 and shrinking.
It's a pretty nice club to be a member of. The confidence that comes with membership has been the biggest improvement. I feel so much better about how I look, I never see myself in the mirror and think "ugh, I'm still overweight" or "look how huge my thighs still are" but I think "hey, I've come SUCH a long way and I look awesome". Having a positive attitude makes such a huge difference. At my friend's party on Friday night, I wasn't afraid at all to flirt with or talk to whoever I wanted, and I wasn't thinking in the back of my head if I looked good or not. I KNEW I looked good. I feel like all this contributes to my lack of a boyfriend in college. I just never had the guts to go for it with anyone. If a guy made the first move I was ok, but I'm sick of playing second fiddle. If I want to make a move, I'm going for it. Worst that can happens is that they're not interested and I move on. 
I'm looking forward to being in the 150's club by the end of the summer (Labor Day is my goal to hit 160), and wearing a size 10. I already have one pair of jeans in a 10 but they were a bit snug when I bought them. That was 4th of July though, I should give them a try now. I've been doing Chalean Extreme for a week now as well, so I'm really hoping that it helps with getting to my next goal. I'm starting to think that 140 might not be my stopping point. It's my goal right now, and puts me at a healthy BMI, but maybe I can do more. I want to see what my doctor thinks when I go in August (and shock the scrubs off them with 50 pounds lost by then). Until then, 140 it is and I'm completely thrilled with every pound I lose on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment