Friday, July 9, 2010

Chalean Extreme: My Next Adventure!

I've done the 30 Day Shred, will very nice results so far (lost about 10 pounds over the 6 weeks I did it regularly and several inches total) but now I'm bored. I've been reading a lot of different options from everyone's suggestions and I think I've settled on starting Chalean Extreme on Monday. I definitely need to add some weight training and if muscle burns fat, that'll help get rid of the 30 pounds I have to go.
I've done the weight training with the Shred, but I've never just done weight training alone before. I'm thinking that I'll see what calorie burn I end up with on the weight training days of the schedule, and if I want to work in some cardio I'll use my EA sports active or something for 15 minutes to get the heart rate up. And I'm still going to keep up with going to the gym twice a week to run intervals and use the bike and elliptical (so that's lots of cardio). It definitely seems that the way to losing more weight is to built up muscle, so I guess I'll start there. I'd rather end up a really toned 140-145 lbs than a flabby 130. My little sister is 130, same height as me, and looks amazing! from all the muscle she has.
Anyway, I'll be starting Monday and it's gonna be an adventure. I'm gonna adjust the schedule a bit to shift the rest days to Tues and Thurs instead of Sun and Tues, that way I maintain my gym schedule. Hopefully I can handle what Chalean throws at me, I skimmed the workouts last night and it'll be a challenge, but I'm willing to give it a try. I'll have to retake measurements and a few pictures on Monday so I have a starting point to compare to at the end.

In other news, I'm 1.4 lbs away from my first major goal of losing 30 pounds and officially being out of the obese category and into the overweight category! I can't wait to see the day when the scale says 169. I was talking to my mom and when I started high school I was almost 170... good lordy! And I definitely didn't workout so I'm sure I look a lot better now than I did then. Crazy how much I can change things in just a few months, I've reversed YEARS of not taking care of my body. It's great to finally have it back again and feel confident about it. I'm going out to the bars in DC tonight with my high school best friends, first time I've really gone out in over a month. I'll be test driving some hot new clothes and a skinnier me. Let's hope I end up with at least one phone number by the end of the weekend... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment