Monday, August 1, 2011

Reboot for August

July was both a fantastic and terrible month, depending on how you look at things. I had fun with trips, friends visiting, fun weekend adventures with Randy, and being more social than usual. But with that came 3 pounds of weight that I thought I had lost for good. But each week they slowly crept back on, and I don't like it.

Time for a reboot!

New month, new week... new gameplan! I can't keep eating out this much, and letting myself make bad choices just because it's there. I managed to get myself in line a majority of the weekend, I went for soup and a healthy salad for dinner last night. My schedule is much better in August with less visitors and crazy weekends planned. It's actually a bit of a relief. As much as I love being active and going out, its really draining. I'm in dire need of some "Me Time".

Goals always help me to stay on track, so here they are for August:

- Lose a pound a week, with 150.5 as my starting point today. I want to at least be back to 147 by the end of the month, with 145 as my Super Duper Awesome goal. That would be 2 pounds lower than anything I've seen. I'm logging my weigh in on Thursday, whatever it may be, higher or lower than what I have on here as my last weigh in (I think 148.1 was from 2 weeks ago).

- Stop ordering bad food at restaurants! There's a lot of temptations out there, but I have rarely encountered a situation where I can't find something on the healthier side. I'm not saying I can have a little treat on occasion, but not every time I eat out!

- Get back into the habit of working out 4-5 times a week. This working out on Monday and Tuesday and then nothing for the rest of the week has got to stop. Yes, kickball is Thursday and that's something active, but I've been genuinely lazy and busy in the past month. More workouts!

- Cut down on the unnecessary snacking. I've been nibbling on cookies, having a piece of candy, or buying food that I really shouldn't be eating. So if it's not in my house, I can't eat it. Randy's cookie addiction is rubbing off on me.

- Drink more water. I've been slacking lately, I need to get up more to refill my water bottle during the day at work and drink a glass of water at night with dinner. Flush the sodium out of my system.

- Start getting in the habit of bringing lunch in to work again. Eating out all the time is killing my wallet and my food diary.

All these goals are simple and achievable. I don't need to go crazy to enjoy myself. I'm hoping that August is a relaxing month where I can focus on myself a bit, I haven't done that enough lately with everything else going on in my life. I still have another month of wearing my bikini, I want it to look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment