Monday, May 10, 2010

Working Off The Weekend

I love having people visit me in Virginia, since pretty much all my friends and family live in other parts of the country (I just moved here for my job 3 months ago). And my college friend came from NYC to spend the weekend here. As much as I've been trying to influence her to eat a bit better and exercise more, her visit this weekend brought out a few old eating habits.
 First, we went to a restaurant bar for dinner on Friday. I had talked myself into getting one beer and a bowl of chili for dinner. Lowest calorie option. Then she tracked down the manager and complained about the 20+ minute wait for our order and they gave us free appetizers. And I caved. I order the fried zucchini (not horrible but still fried) and a plain hamburger with fries. I haven't eaten french fries in like a month and a half. I haven't even eaten a hamburger in that long. But my healthy thinking isn't completely gone. I split my entire meal in half and only ate that much. The rest became dinner for the next night. I also had another beer... so Friday night wasn't great, but I was under calories since I worked out and didn't eat much before that.
Saturday we ate Panera for lunch and I managed to stay around 500 calories. Dinner was the leftovers... but then we went to the bars in DC. A few diet rum and cokes and some tequila shots later... another high calorie count on the day. Probably not more than 2000, and we walked alot, but still i felt SO guilty.
Sunday... she wanted the Indian buffet for lunch. The calorie filled mystery nutrition content buffet. Where my portion control tends to waver. I managed to stick to one plate of food and had rice pudding for dessert, but it was still again more calories than I should eat.
 I had a good time, but I kind of wish she was a bit more understanding of what I'm trying to do. We talked about it a lot and  she's like"you're making drastic changes, I'd rather make little changes like not drink regular soda". That's great for you, but I NEED to do more than that. And I really want to. She's happy being a little overweight, I'm not. I can't blame it on anyone but myself, but I think I need to be a little more forceful in choosing where we eat next time. I know these are things that I'm gonna have to get used to, but I've been doing SO well in the past 6 weeks with about 10 pounds lost and I don't want to reverse any of that. I started back at square one today with eating very well and working out for a good 35 minutes. I guess that's all I can do, and hopefully I can see some weight loss this week. I'm getting close to 180... I really would like to be there in 2 weeks. I can do it, but no more eating out. Sacrifices, but I think they're worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment