Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some 30 Day Shred Results

I'm officially almost done with Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. I might do one more day of Level 1 after the gym today, but I'm definitely planning on starting Level 2 on Wednesday (hopefully equipped with my new heart rate monitor that I'm waiting on to be delivered). I can totally feel a difference from when I started, mainly in my arm strength (20 pushups in a row!) and in my cardio endurance. And the best part of it:
The scale is moving downwards! Fast! I was stuck at 183.4 for over a week before I started the shred and for the first day or two of it. Now that I'm about 2 weeks in, I've dropped about 3 pounds down to 180.6 lbs as of this morning. I'm not going to redo my measurements until the end of the Shred, but for Level 1 I'd say that's good progress. I'm totally expecting Level 2 and 3 to kick my butt, but hopefully that means getting rid of more pounds and inches. This is definitely well timed, since my apartment complex pool opens this weekend and I'd like to look better in my swimsuit. 
I'm also pretty well on my way to hitting 170 around the 4th of July. That's still 10 pounds to lose between now and then, but with the 30 Day Shred I think it might be possible. It's ok if I don't hit it by then, it should be sometime in the first half of July and then I can keep going to hit 160 by the end of the summer. I'm really hoping I'll be in decent enough shape to wear a bikini at some point before the apartment pool closes. That would be amazing... I've never worn one in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment