Thursday, March 3, 2011

Things To Make Me Feel Better

I've been a bit grumpy today, the scale is still stuck despite my best efforts to unstick it. I know I need to give it more time to catch up to an adjustment in eating habits and workout routine. I'm just about ready to see it start moving again! I've been flirting with 150 lbs for a few months now, that's a long time! But enough with paying so much attention to that, here's a list of things to remind myself what I've accomplished that has nothing to do with a scale.

- My size 6 jeans fit awesomely well. They were snug when I first bought them in January with some spillage over the top, now the annoying fat doesn't escape when I move in them. I just bought 2 new pairs of size 6 jeans from Old Navy and I didn't have to get the styles with the elastic-y denim, the regular jeans fit!
- I bought almost all size small tops and dresses on my little shopping spree the last 2 weeks. I think I bought one medium and one size 8 top because they ran snug (i.e. my boobs were too big for a size 6 button down).
- I got through a 5K in 48 minutes on my first shot at doing one on the treadmill. I think I'm gonna try again today to see if I can run more than 15 minutes of it. My inhaler is definitely helping, I think I just need to be sure to use it when I leave work so it's working 100% by time I get t othe gym. My goal is a 5K on the treadmill in under 40 minutes this month.
- I cleaned out my closet and got rid of a ton of clothes that didn't fit. I gave a bag to my coworkers church for a donation and the rest is going to a local clothing donation shop in my town this weekend.
- I tried on my brand new Victoria Secret bikini and didn't recoil at the sight of me in it. It looks decent, not amazing, but I'd go out in public in it (sucking in of course, haha, who doesn't?)
- I'm only one size larger than my little size 4 sister, and only 20 lbs heavier. She has the body I want and we're built the same. 15-20 lbs more and I'd have it.
- I can hike around a park in DC with my boyfriend and he's the one trying to catch up to me and telling me to "stop walking so damn fast woman, I don't go to the gym every day!" Speaking of boyfriend, this weight loss journey got me one because I finally had the confidence to get out there and meet new people.
- My trainer tries to kill me and doesn't succeed. He made me do the Jacob's Ladder on Tuesday for 5 minutes, with a 'sprint' at the end. My heartrate hit 190. And I survived, did another 3 minutes on the machine, and then hopped on the Summit CLimber for 25 minutes. He can try to kill me, but armed with my inhaler he won't be able to.
- My heels are more comfy. I kid you not! The more weight I lose, the more comfortable my heels are! I actually have some worn out flats that I can't wear anymore because they're too stretched out from my formerly fat feet.
- I can actually enjoy cooking healthy food. Before if it required more than 5 minutes of prep and cooking time, I wasn't eating it. Now I cook yellow squash and zucchini on the stove and bake a chicken breast and have a yummy meal. Remind me that I need more fish...
- I don't run away from cameras. In fact, I park myself right in the middle of the picture and grin like I've got nothing to hide, because I don't anymore!
- I'm one of the "fit" girls at the gym, and I'm there so much all the people at the front desk and the personal trainers know me. I'm like the Teacher's Pet with the head of the personal training dep't... haha
- I run up steps instead of trudge. I'm actually kinda pissed that I might get moved to an office on the first floor instead of the one I have on the third right now. Less exercise! I already sit at a desk all day.

There, I do feel better now. It's nice to remind myself on occassion why I'm doing this. And it's not a number on the scale. It's everything and more than I just listed. My whole family has noticed I'm happier, I have so much energy when I'm out with my boyfriend. It's great. Yes, I hope the scale starts moving soon, but I'll survive until it does. It's not like I'm gonna throw in the towel now. It's not allowed, all my fat clothes have been donated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment