Monday, December 20, 2010

A Year In Review Survey (For the 7th Year In A Row!)

This is a survey that I've been doing on my old Xanga blog (anyone remember that site? haha) and I started doing it when I was a senior in high school. And I've done it every year since so this is the 7th time I've done the survey. The old ones are on my xanga blog at http://traynor-on-a-sugar-high.xanga.com/


So here's my take on 2010, what a year...

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Started a legit, grown up full time job, now that I've got my two shiny diplomas hanging in my apartment. Yeah, definitely done with school! I also managed to lose 50 pounds since the beginning of 2010! I've never really had any success in that department so I'm happy. And finally, I started dating someone. Only took 23 years... haha. But things are going very well so far :)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
Last year I said learn to cook, and I've been pretty good about that this year. This year I'm committing myself to hitting my goal weight and keeping it there in 2011.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my aunt had a girl so I have a new cousin.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What countries did you visit?
Belize, Mexico and Honduras from my Caribbean cruise for spring break this year. It was AWESOME! I also had a blast visiting friends in California and Arizona.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Last year I said that I really want to enjoy my new job in Virginia, with new friends and places to explore, but I really want to stay in touch with all my amazing friends from Cornell. And maybe I'll find a nice guy in Virginia with an equally awesome job (ehh hem, and salary) as me... lol. I'd say mission accomplished on all those! Like, freakishly things worked out pretty much exactly as I wanted them to... wow. That's a new one. 
This year, I can't think of anything I'm really missing in life. Things have really fallen into place. I'll say a flat stomach... hahaha. I'm getting there. 
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Starting my job at Orbital in February, the insane snowstorm in Virginia the second week of work, an awesome Spring Break cruise in the Caribbean, lots of fun visits from friends in DC, the meetup Booze Cruise (where I met Randy), my birthday weekend (where Randy and I started dating).

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
 Actually finding a guy to date, something that has eluded me for many years... haha. And losing 50 pounds. I'd say that's a pretty impressive feat.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmm... nothing really jumps out at me as a failure. I've been trying to see the positive in everything lately.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, there was the fateful day that the resistance band attacked my face during a Turbo Fire workout. Resulting in a fabulous black eye for Halloween weekend where I visted California. I learned my lesson about the power of a reistance band... haha

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My workout stuff and gym membership, my awesome hot pink Coach purse, and all the adorable and hot clothes in increasingly smaller sizes! I've basically replaced my entire wardrobe by now.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends and family (both in person and on MFP) have been incredibly supportive this year. I don't know if I would have made it this far without everyone.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ehh... nothing really jumps out at me. Perhaps the guys that live in the apartment above mine and stomp around the place like elephants. It's just appalling...

14. Where did most of your money go?
LIVING! Now that I'm on my own, I've realized it's kind of expensive. Lots of bills and rent and such. But I've been able to buy new clothes (definitely a good portion of my spending money), and save money for vacations and a new car (hopefully purchases that I'll be making in 2011!). But mostly clothes...

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Starting my new job in Virginia, that I now adore. It's fun to come to work every day and play with the satellites... lol 

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I think I listened to music from Glee entirely too much this past year. I don't know if I had "a song" this year.  I may have been entirely too obsessed with Bad Romance by Lady Gaga... hehe
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Quite happier!
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner....  much much thinner!
c) richer or poorer? Definitely richer, I love having a full time job instead of being a poor student
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I definitely traveled a lot, but I could always use more of it... hehe

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working perhaps? haha. I'm a bit lazy, but I do get decent vacation time so I can't really complain too much.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I was at my aunt's house with one side of the family, and then Granny's house with all my younger cousins on the other side. Nothing exciting, it's what we do every year.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I don't want to get ahead of myself... lol

22. How many one-night stands?
Umm... I'm done with those
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee and Big Bang Theory win yet again. Although I keep up with a lot of TV shows (too many really).
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so... I hate the scale sometimes... hehe

25. What was the best book you read?
I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi. It was a good money management book for 20-somethings. I needed a few tips now that I have a regular paycheck. 

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
More music from Glee, plus I started listening to Muse and anything that DC101 plays on a regular basis.

27. What did you want and get?
I love my job, that was something that I really wanted. I could never be someone that works at a job that they hate. And I also got size 6 pants... whoot!!! This time last year I was a size 16, now I'm a 6/8??? WHOA! And a boyfriend... yay for boyfriends :)

28. What did you want and not get?
Haha, last year I said a boyfriend. This year I don't know... I'm pretty satisfied.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter... haha. Love those movies. Inception was also pretty awesome.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had the best birthday ever. I turned 24 and it was the first date for me and Randy. Thai food, walk along the Potomac River in Alexandria, and drinks in DC. Totally won me over :)

31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not sure, I'm just entirely too content about the past year... haha

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
SMALLER! Hahaha. That's been the theme this year. All my clothes that I've been buying are smaller and tighter and hotter than I've ever been able to pull off. I love it. I like a nice fitted top with some dark skinny jeans and knee high boots. And mini skirts with heels are my new favorite thing, now that I have the legs for it... haha

33. What kept you sane?
Being able to work out when I was stressed, it's a good way to relax.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ummm... I'm not really sure.... I don't keep up with celebrities much.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Finally Don't Ask, Don't Tell is repealed, so I was happy about that. The whole unemployment aid has had me paying attention to the news, since it's definitely a personal issue for me (my mom has been out of a job for almost 2 years now).

36. Who did you miss?
I miss all my friends that are scattered across the country for jobs or grad school. And my family is now 4 hrs away in Jersey. But it's easy enough to keep in touch and I save my money for visits when I can.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
My coworkers are awesome, and so is my boyfriend :)

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
If you want to achieve something, go for it! Don't give up even if the goal seems incredibly hard to attain. I thought losing 75 pounds was an impossible task. Well guess what, I've lost 64 of those already! I just kept with it, didn't let myself get too discouraged when I wasn't really seeing results, and I've been making my way towards my goal. I hope to reach it in 2011.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I think I'll try defying gravity, and you can't pull me down!" ~ Wicked the Musical
"Don't stop believing!" ~ Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment