I've been filling out a year end survey since I was 17 or something. Kind of crazy, but I like having a way to keep track of what I've managed to do every year. This year was definitely some ups and downs, mainly on the scale! I started out the year doing incredibly well, I moved into my condo, I started lifting heavy and I was down into a size 6 and in the 150s by the end of Spring. Then came summer, and some laziness, and then Fall was lots of travel. And before I knew it, BAM 10 lbs came back... and then a few more. Right now I'm about 13 lbs above where I really want to be. I'm starting to get out of shape from not running or lifting on a regular basis. So, things need to change. Workouts are taking priority again, eating crap is not going to happen. Randy has agreed to eat in more so we can save money and cook better food. I'm gonna make us healthy tacos this weekend!
Anyway, here's my take on the last year, and hopeful this year will have more downs on the scale and more ups for my personal life!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Moved into the condo that I bought, celebrated 2 years with Randy, traveled to Colorado for the Great American Beer Festival, traveled to Boston (last time I was there I was 5 and don't remember much), won an award at work for a proposal we wrote, got my own satellite program to oversee, did some pretty amazing things with weight lifting (who thought I could do man pushups without thinking twice!).
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
Well, last year I wanted to maintain my weight... and I didn't. I'm up like 13 lbs from where I really want to be, but I've still maintained a large majority of my weight loss. My resolution for this year is to get my weight back down to where I'm comfortable (under 160 or so), fit back into the pile of jeans that I had to put away because they were too small!!!, and get my healthy habits back on track. I really need to stop making excuses and letting will power go out the window.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in the US again this year, but I did get to see a new state: Colorado!
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
My will power back! I've been lazy and I really need to find that drive that I had in the first place when I lost all the weight. It's inside there somewhere, I just need to light the fire.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I moved into my condo, all mine!!! A lovely Valentine's Day with Randy, Dana's wedding part 2, my cousin's wedding in the summer, two awesome trips to Boston and one trip to Colorado, a fun business trip to California (more breweries to see!), my birthday/anniversary with Randy, and the day we found out we won the Warp 10 award at work!
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Winning the Warp10 award with Randy for our proposal. And the fact that I could dead lift like 125 lbs and squat 120 lbs. I need to get those skills back!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Putting back on the weight in the fall that really didn't need to happen. I got lazy.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing terrible, just some ill-timed colds. Oh, and then were was the day that a bad pair of flipflips gave me Weasel-toe... wiki what it is, it's amusing...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I technically bought my condo last year, but I moved in January.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Randy and my fabulous family and friends
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nothing stands out too much.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My shopping habits, a few trips that I paid for, and my mortgage payment every month! Really looking forward to a giant tax refund from the mortgage interest deduction tho!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Lots of fun travels with Randy, having my own space, drinking great beers.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
The Scientist by Coldplay
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I'm about the same I think
b) thinner or fatter? UGH, fatter... I'm fixing that tho!
c) richer or poorer? I'd say I'm probably richer, since I've built some savings back up after the condo down payment. I need to budget more cafeully tho in 2013.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Dilligently exercising and eating better!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Excessive eating out and skipping workouts.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I went to my aunt and uncle's house for my mom's side and my granny and pop's house for my dad's side. The usual...
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I have Randy, can't get better than that!
22. How many one-night stands?
Nada... that would be bad!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I really like Dance Moms, I'll admit it! I also love Big Bang Theory.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Eh, probably not.
25. What was the best book you read?
I just finished the first book of the Hunger Games. Gotta download the next one!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm kind of on the Taylor Swift bandwagon...
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted my condo, and I got that and the nice space it comes with.
28. What did you want and not get?
I wanted a new car, but I'm going to hold out for another 6 months at least. It's so much cheaper without a car payment!
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Skyfall and Argo. I'm going to see the Hobbit soon too!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and it was my 2 year anniversary with Randy too! It was kind of a chaotic day. We got up at 5am, flew back from Boston, made it to the Warp10 awards ceremony just as they were announcing us!!! Then I worked for a bit, went over to Randy's, had dinner at Firework Pizza (great beer!) and then we went back to my place and hung out and slept. Then I had to wake up at 5am again for a 7am flight to California for business! It was such a whirlwind...
31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not gaining weight.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I'm a big fan of skinny jeans and knee high boots at the moment! I haven't changed much besides that, work casual, lots of dresses in the summer.
33. What kept you sane?
Hanging out with Randy while drinking a good beer.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't really know... Daniel Craig makes an awesome James Bond.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh so many to choose from... lets go with the election. I knew Romney was a goner, but I wasn't so sure everyone was smart enough to recognize that and not vote for him.
36. Who did you miss?
I miss everyone that lives all over the place! It's nice to get to see people tho when I visit.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Dunno.... there's an assortment of people from work that I've met.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
It is really easy to get wrapped up in the moment and forget about the bigger picture. I'm disappointed that I completely let myself go in the Fall, but I recognized it and I'm working to get back on track. By Spring, I want to be in shape!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Dust yourself off and try again!