Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer Successes and Fall Goals

This summer didn't feel like anything amazing happened, but looking at it all at once really shows how far I've come. When the summer started, I had only been working the Healthy Life Style for about 3 months, I still wasn't used to it, and I wavered a bit. 3 months later, I feel confident and this whole change isn't new anymore. I've adjusted and no one around me questions it because they're used to it. And I'm REALLY seeing RESULTS! So, here's a fun recap of my successes from this summer (from Memorial Day to Labor Day).
1. I lost a total of  18.1 pounds, and I went from 180 pounds just before Memorial Day to 161.9 lbs as of last Saturday. 
2. I've lost 3.5" off my waist and hips each, and 2.5" off each thigh.
3. I started the summer just fitting into size 14 jeans (for the first time since I started college) and I've ended the summer wearing a solid size 10 in pants, and I'm a size 8 in some skirts (SINGLE DIGIT... WHOOOO!). I've also gone from a size XL in tops to a Small or Medium (rarely a Large from the Juniors dept). 
4. I started doing the Couch 2 5K program at the beginning of June with the goal to run a mile without stopping by the end of the summer. Well, I ran a mile without stopping in JULY (mid-July) and now I can run for 20 minutes without stopping and I can run 25 out of 30 minutes with a walk break or two in the middle.
5. I completed the 30 Day Shred, and lost about 7-8 pounds during it. It was really great preparation for what came next...
6. I actually started some serious strength training using Chalean Extreme! I've now completed Phase 1 and I'm a week into Phase 2 as part of a hybrid combining Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire.
7. I survived my first dreaded PLATEAU! It lasted basically the entire month of August, stuck bouncing between 163 and 165. I know I had been drinking on the weekends and I had just started strength training with Chalean Extreme, so it took adding in Turbo Fire and cutting back on my calories a bit to bust it last week. I've since lost 2 pounds and the scale is steadily dropping again.
8. I logged my calories every single day this summer, despite traveling to visit people and having a hectic schedule sometimes. It helps to have the MFP app on my phone for this.
9. I WORE A BIKINI!!!!! For the first time ever! It was just to the apartment pool a few times, but it felt awesome :) And I'm even smaller now than when I wore it in June.
10. I've had much greater success when I go out to bars (when it comes to guys). I've even had a few buy me drinks... that's a new one!

I think it's been a pretty awesome summer, and I"m looking forward to even more success in the next few months. And since I'm super organized and love lists, here's some of the goals I want to accomplish by the end of the year:
1. Meet my minigoal of being 150 by Christmas. At this point, that's 12 pounds away so it's only about 4 pounds a month to lose. I have a Super Minigoal in the back of my head to reach 145 by Christmas, but I know that's ambitious and my weight loss is slowing now that I'm about 20 pounds away from a helathy weight.
2. Run 5K without stopping. Right now, I can run a little over 1.5 miles in 20 minutes without stopping. In the next few months, I want to work up to running 5K, at least on the treadmill. I also might enter a 5K race in the area.
3. Wear a size 8 in pants. If I want to be really ambitious, I'd say a size 6, but I don't know how much my legs will shrink by then so a size 8 would rock my socks :D
4. Finish the Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid program. Right now, I've got 15 weeks to go in the schedule, and I might cut out a week or two just because I get bored fast... lol. I have just enough weeks til Christmas to finish. I'm determined to stick with this one til the end!
5. Try and cook more for myself, I tend to rely on the microwave too much. I need to use my neglected oven and stove top more. I'm planning to cook a really yummy and low calorie/healthy dessert to bring to Thanksgiving dinner so  I won't be as tempted to eat 1000 calories in dessert.
6. This one has nothing to do with my body, just my mind (and wallet). I need to focus on making enough earrings to sell at the Holiday Boutique that my aunt is running. I also need to finish the baby sweater for my new cousin for Christmas. Must get back into crafty mode.

I think I've set some reasonable goals, and I like to have a deadline to complete them. Otherwise I get lazy and keep pushing things out. I really want to hit my initial goal weight of 140 by my 1 year anniversary on MFP on Feb. 15th of next year. That would be a total of 60 pounds lost using MFP. I've lost 38 pounds on here so far (15 before I found the site). These should really set me up to be on track to achieve that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment