Friday, January 6, 2012

Zeroing Out The Ticker

As of today, I've lost 0 pounds according to my ticker... in 2012. I've kept the ticker's starting point with my total weight loss from Day 1. It's incredibly encouraging to see how far I've really come in the process.

But it's time for a new mindset. Weighing in the 150s is the new normal. I did for all of 2011. Aside from a few lingering side effects, you would have no idea I used to be 60 pounds heavier. So in the spirit of putting that in the past and focusing on the future, I reset my starting weight to what it was this morning. 157.8 lbs. It's higher than it's been in a while thanks to the holidays and the laziness that comes with it. But it's a solid starting point.

Also seeing 0 lights a fire under my ass. I want that number to increase! I certainly don't want it to go negative. And I think that is what is going to keep me honest for this whole process. What worked for me to lose the first 60 pounds probably isn't going to work as well with the last 13 or so. I'm going to have to really focus on food with less of a margin for deficit. I'm going to have to get my fitness level back up with running. And I'm going to have to be honest. I gave into Donut Day at work this morning. And when I changed my ticker after eating my breakfast, it felt like crap. Because I know those aren't the kinds of behaviors that will help it move in the right direction.

I'd love to finally reach a reasonable goal weight and keep it there, and I think 2012 is my year to do it. I've let my body reset itself to be use to the 150s. Now it's time to shock it into losing the last 10-15 pounds to get to my real goal of 145-150. That's a weight I can maintain and feel completely comfortable at. I don't care if a healthy weight for someone my height is 141. I'm not a generic 5'2" person. Time to focus on myself and my goals for this year. Starting at zero...

No comments:

Post a Comment