After well over a month of seeing the larger number, I had to do something to motivate me to get it back down again. So when I logged into MFP this morning, I did this...
Last recorded weight: 155.7 lbs on 11/18/11
Yep, its not fun to admit, but I can't keep pretending that "oh, it's just extra sodium and it'll be back to normal by Friday". Well, it's Friday, and that's the new normal... and I don't like it. I'm only 5'2", 5 lbs makes a difference. My work pants were a tad snug, my shirts weren't laying flat, and it was frustration because it seemed like I'd get on track for a day or two, and then something would come up and all self restraint goes out the window. Especially with working out, some days I just don't feel like it. And part of it is I think the need to change it up.
Anyway, it just goes to show that it can happen to anyone. Even though I've lost (now) 59 lbs total, it is going to be a life-long battle to keep it off. I'm happy that I've caught myself after only a few pounds. I've noticed that I haven't been my usual, healthy self lately and it's disappointing. But I really don't see my life getting any less busy, I've said this a million times: I can't be a diet hermit. So I'm just going to have to start working in healthier choices into my busy schedule. It helps that Randy and I have said we need to eat out less because it's expensive, it's also unhealthy! I'm well on my way to buying a condo, and I need to save money. But it also allows me to finally buy an elliptical! It will be nice having a machine right in my second bedroom to hop on at any time. I've gotten a bit bored with Turbo Fire, I've done the workouts for a year now.
I also haven't been setting goals for myself lately. I think without a defined goal, I let myself slide too much. So... here they are:
- Get back down to 150 by Christmas
- Don't let my weight swing up 5 lbs and back down a few in the span of a couple days, it just goes to show that I went overboard that day
- Get back into working out regularly - and with intensity! No slacking, even if it's just a 30 minute workout, I need to go 100%
- Make much smarter food choices. I'm fine when I stick to my usual routine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But throw in a beer, a meal out, Donut Thursdays, and my weakness in Trader Joes (I have to give away those cookies...), and you have too much temptation.
- LOG EVERYTHING! Even if it's terrible... it's better to see the damage and know that I need to do better
So, hopefully these get me through the month of December, with all the holiday goodies, parties, Christmas cookies and busier than usual schedules. Randy's birthday is sandwiched in there too. But seeing that ticker every day will hopefully push me in the direction that I need. I can't afford to let this trend continue! Literally, I don't have the extra money for new pants :P