Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fat Clothes to FABULOUS Clothes

I recently had a revelation about some of my bigger clothes. Chop them up and make them look good again! I wanted to do something fun with my kickball team tshirt, and I did a bit of googling for neat ideas. I came across two differnet ideas that I merged to get this lovely result below. It took me 20 minutes and a pair of scissors. No sewing (bonus!! I can't sew well) and it was just tweaking things as I went along. The final result is a HOTT tshirt that I'd wear in public instead of a baggy men's tshirt that doesn't show off the curves. 
I went onto amazon and order a book with 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim, and Tie Your T-Shirt into Something Special (http://www.amazon.com/Ways-Trim-T-Shirt-Something-Special/dp/0307345564/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304606210&sr=8-1) and I'm looking forward to doing more with my baggy tshirts! I have some generic men's tshirts in size medium from college, plus some smaller but still baggy women's fit shirts from American Eagle and such that I might take a pair of scissors to. Here's some instructions for taking a plain tshirt to this:

To get the open shredded v-neck look, follow the info on this awesome blog:

And to tie the sides of the shirt so it pulls the waist in,  here's some instructions. But it's really straightforward. I also cut off some of the sleeves to make them shorter.

I'm planning to spend some time this weekend chopping up my fat tshirts and turning them into FABULOUS tshirts, since my book is arriving in the mail tomorrow. More photos of my fabulous new wardrobe to follow :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment